TIAC – Transparência e Integridade, Associação Cívica – is a Portuguese civic association based in Lisbon, member of Transparency International, a global anticorruption movement with chapters in over 100 countries and an International Secretariat (TI-S) based in Berlin.
Our mission is to fight corruption and promote good governance, justice, transparency and accountability in view of a fairer society and a better democracy.
We strive for better access to information, and a strong, informed and participatory citizenship, which effectively regulates institutions and promotes a culture of public integrity and a real sense of social responsibility by all economic and political agents. TIAC’s activities have expanded to encompass projects in different risk sectors, and this demands a more proactive attitude in social advocacy towards lasting policy changes in fighting against corruption, since it continues to be a challenge for the EU, both in terms of corruption within the Union, as well as the proceeds of corruption from outside the EU entering the EU’s financial system through money laundering.
It is therefore imperative that TIAC communicates to a larger public its mission, as well its activities and project‘s results, while securing private funding to implement its mission.
In response to this growing workload, we are recruiting an experienced and motivated Communications Officer to implement TIAC’s internal and external communication strategies, to secure a smooth and satisfactory dissemination of projects and to promote project’s findings and recommendations and stimulate the public debate on corruption and governance issues.
Deadline for applications: 2 December 2016, 17:00 (Lisbon time)
Starting date: January 2017
Duration: six-months duration with the possibility of renewal
Location: Lisbon, with availability to travel, as needed, for meetings with partners, donors and other relevant stakeholders.
Working languages: Portuguese (primarily) and English
Salary: commensurate with job requirements and experience
Selection: shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and/or additional skills assessment
Brief Role Description
Under the coordination of the Project and Financial Manager and the Board of Directors, the Communications Officer is:
a) a communicator, in constant contact with relevant stakeholders in support of outreach and information sharing;
b) a writer/researcher, drawing together information from a variety of sources and shaping it into outreach products for a range of media, including audiovisual;
c) an analyst and early adopter, monitoring communication trends and supporting the extension of TIAC’s outreach activities into these fields.
Tasks include drafting and editing, support to the preparation of documents, text and picture research, event organization, web story drafting, web videography and support to the development of the TIAC’s website, stakeholder analysis, provision of communication-related support to TIAC staff and response to inquiries, among others.
S/he will be part of the Project Management Team and is expected to work with diligence and take full responsibility for a timely and quality product delivery.
Main Tasks and Key Responsibilities:
– Support the implementation of the TIAC’s internal and external communication strategies and fundraising plan;
– Provide support to Staff and Board of Directors in a range of communications areas, such as editing, picture research, advice on outreach activities, etc.;
– Research, draft and edit texts for a range of outreach materials, including reports, brochures, flyers, exhibition material, briefing notes, background press material, etc.;
– Draft stories and photo essays for TIAC’s website and Social Media;
– Assist the webmaster on the development of project webpages;
– Develop internal communication tools, such as newsletters, mailings, media clipping, etc.;
– Support the preparation of official documentation and presentations, in particular with regards to editing, consistency and translation;
– Assist in the organization of outreach events such as seminars, workshops, press conferences;
– Conduct periodic online surveys;
– Take responsibility for other tasks required to ensure successful Project implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent computer skills, with very good knowledge of:
a. graphic, multimedia and web design software (ex. Adobe Creative Suite);
b. web content management systems (ex. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal), layout optimization, SEO and Google Analytics;
c. Email marketing and newsletter software (ex. MailChimp);
d. CRM Software (ex. CiviCRM);
e. Social media management tools (ex. Socioboard).
2. Strong spoken and written communication skills;
3. Excellent research, drafting and editing skills;
4. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
5. Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and remain calm under pressure;
6. High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity.
Education, Experience and Language Skills:
1. University degree in communications or related field;
2. Minimum of two years of relevant experience, ideally with some exposure to NGO context;
3. Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Portuguese and English is essential;
4. Relevant experience in policy or social change campaigns, preferably in transparency and integrity issues.
Registo | Login: Para responder a esta oferta terá primeiro de se registar ou fazer login.