Overview & Responsibilities
Doppio is looking to hire a new Game Designer for our team. As the game design expert in a small concepting team, you will work on the design and prototyping of several parlor and board games designed to be played through voice recognition during group video calls on browsers and mobile phones.
As the Game Designer on our Concepting team, your role is to:
– Design and prototype game concepts that make the most of the benefits of voice as an input in the context of a group video call
– Analyze popular social/parlor/board games and identify which ones could be adapted well to work with voice as an input in the context of a group video call
– Deeply understand the pros and cons of voice as an input and use that knowledge to steer the prototyping efforts to success
– Understand the requirements of games in the context of group video calls and make sure game concepts fit that mold (session time, accessibility, etc.)
– Work closely with the rest of the Concepting team (Producer, GUI/VUI designer and Gameplay Engineer)
– Help inform the needs for our tools and platform
– You have experience as a game designer that has allowed you to release commercial games
– Your skills cover all aspects of game design: gameplay, balancing, reward and progression systems, etc.
– You know how to design innovative prototypes using tools like Unity, Photoshop, Game Maker, etc.
– You have a great knowledge of video games (all genres and platforms), particularly parlor/board games, including what are the most popular titles in this space
– You are interested in new business models, and understand the links between traditional game design and game economy design
– You enjoy working in a team and have good interpersonal skills
– Your communication style is structured, clear, concise and responsive
– You have a fluent level of English (written and oral), ideally with living experience in the US, Canada or the UK
– Previous experience building prototypes that became products
– Graphic design skills
– Mobile and browser game development experience
– Some programming experience
This role is for our Lisbon office.
Note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our Lisbon office is currently closed. This role may therefore initially require remote work, depending on public health conditions in Portugal at the time you start.
Doppio is the world’s leading voice game developer. We build cross-platform games, currently targeting browsers and mobile phones. We have built both original IP games and games in partnership with global entertainment companies such as Netflix and BANDAI NAMCO.
We have raised a round of funding in July 2019, and our investors include both Amazon and Google, Portuguese funds such as Portugal Ventures and Bynd, and leading gaming angel investors such as Lasse Seppänen (Supercell), Alexis Bonte (Stillfront & Atomico) and David Helgason (Unity).
Empresa: Doppio Games