Overview & Responsibilities:
Doppio is looking for a Software Engineering Intern to join our development team. As an intern, you will work closely with our full-time engineers to help bring our best-in-class voice-forward games to life. Becoming an intern at Doppio is a unique opportunity to dive into this exciting new frontier for games. You’ll gain practical software engineering experience while developing actual production code that will support our development team and ship to customers.
Candidates for this position will:
– Be a student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s-level degree in Computer Science or a related field
– Have a strong fundamental understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design principles
– Show a genuine interest in games design and development
– Ideal candidates for this position may also have some previous experience with:
– Web application development (back-end)
– Document-based databases (e.g. MongoDB)
This role is for our Lisbon office.
Note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our Lisbon office is currently closed. This role may therefore initially require remote work, depending on public health conditions in Portugal at the time you start.
Doppio is a conversational game company that focuses on the power of voice as an interface. We build cross-platform games, currently targeting the Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant platforms.
We have raised a round of funding in July 2019, and our investors include both Amazon and Google, Portuguese funds such as Portugal Ventures and Bynd, and leading gaming angel investors such as Lasse Seppänen (Supercell), Alexis Bonte (Stillfront & Atomico) and David Helgason (Unity).
Empresa: Doppio Games
Tipo: Full-time; Estágio – Curricular;