Doppio is looking to hire a Senior Gameplay Software Engineer to help us bring our best-in-class voice-forward games for smart speakers and displays to the iOS and Android platforms.
In this role, you will:
– Lead our game-client software development efforts, both on smart displays, and on iOS and Android
– Develop new voice-forward gameplay concepts all the way from prototype to production
– Work with back-end software engineers to implement server-dependent game features
– Instrument, profile, and analyze client code to identify and fix complex bugs and performance issues
– Produce technical design documentation to explain and educate stakeholders and fellow engineers about software design decisions and principles
– Triage and fix high-impact issues that arise working in a live environment
– 5+ years of software engineering experience in the games industry
– Fluency in C++ or C#
– Ability to solicit and incorporate gameplay feedback in an iterative prototyping process
– Ability to work on a team with other engineers, designers, and developers
– Preferred Skills
– Extensive familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 or Unity
– Mobile software development experience on iOS and Android
– Experience making and distributing web-based games
– Familiarity with graphics programming, particularly on mobile platforms
– Experience supporting live service games
– Familiarity with source control, particularly Git
This role is for our Lisbon office.
Note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our Lisbon office is currently closed. This role may therefore initially require remote work, depending on public health conditions in Portugal at the time you start.
Doppio is a conversational game company that focuses on the power of voice as an interface. We build cross-platform games, currently targeting the Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant platforms.
We have raised a round of funding in July 2019, and our investors include both Amazon and Google, Portuguese funds such as Portugal Ventures and Bynd, and leading gaming angel investors such as Lasse Seppänen (Supercell), Alexis Bonte (Stillfront & Atomico) and David Helgason (Unity).
Empresa: Doppio Games