Our client is a global leader in digital games and is looking for a PHP Developer. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 70 million monthly active users, across mobile, social and online platforms.
You will be working in their fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry.
With a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
– Developing new and exciting solutions for internal and external use
– Developing and maintaining solutions that integrates with our various gaming platforms
– Maintaining existing web projects such as Games and Community sites
– Writing PHP Unit Tests and optimizing existing code
– You will be working with a variety of members of the development team, including web, mobile, game and application developers.
– You may be required to travel abroad for training purposes and to work with other members of the group.
Main requirements: You need to be a social, hard-working person with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, who enjoys working in a team and is passionate about his/her work.
The ideal candidate should be skilled in the following:
– PHP 5 and OOP concepts
– MVC or other design patterns
– Revision Control Systems (such as SVN, GIT and Stash)
– MySQL or other RDBMS experience
– Team Player
– Communication Skills
– Accountability and Ownership
Nice to have:
– Caching solutions such as Varnish, Memcache and Redis
– Unix based system experience (such as CentOS and Ubuntu)
– Web server configuration experience (Nginx or Apache)
– Unit Testing (PHPUnit)
– REST APIs / OAuth experience
– Experience with Cloud Solutions
– Google Analytics experience
– We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.