Miniclip.com is looking for an experienced Database Administrator to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
This is a full-time position; please apply only if you have the right to work in Portugal.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Report to the Database Manager for all database administrative tasks
• Under direction of the Database Manager / Architect, act as a primary hands-on implementation resource for building database solutions in the cloud
• Provide input on database configuration setup as it relates to database deployment in a cloud environment
• Implement new MySQL/MariaDB databases, Database Replication (Masters/slaves), Percona/MariaDB/Galera cluster servers
• Implement automation routines to simplify and streamline common database administration activities platform-wide
• Liaise with network and system engineers to get new database solutions implemented
• Provide database support to other technical and operational teams in the company, which may reside in other offices around the globe
• Perform general housekeeping and routine maintenance tasks on company database services and supporting mechanisms
• Take initiative to improve stability of the platform by improving process flows, methodologies, and standards for managing the database environment
• Provide technical assistance and guidance to other members of the DBA team
• Documentation of existing systems and new changes
• Please note that this position will require you to be included in the on-call rotation with other members of the DBA team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work.
The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
• 3 to 5 years of experience with MySQL/MariaDB on LAMP as an administrator
• 1 to 3 years experience working with cloud technologies, such as Amazon EC2 / AWS, Rackspace, etc.
• Sharp programming/automation skills: Bash, Perl, Python, etc
• Solid understanding of MySQL database replication (master/slave, master-to-master, round-robin)
• Percona/MariaDB/Galera clustering techniques
• Proficient knowledge of CentOS / RHEL
• Multi-data centre support
• Task management / issue tracking system experience, such as Jira
• Standard MySQL monitoring techniques
• An excellent team player
• Willingness and flexibility to learn new technologies
• Stays abreast of current technology changes and trends as it relates to database technology
• Willingness to reach beyond job description to accomplish company’s objectives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
• NoSQL / non-relational database systems experience, such as Redis, Hadoop or Mongodb
• Job scheduling systems experience, such as Quartz or Rundeck
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry.
We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is the online, mobile and social games company that attracts more than 70 million unique game players every month and is the Internet's largest online games website. The company develops, publishes and distributes more than 800 online and mobile games. Founded in 2001, Miniclip is privately owned and privately funded with its headquarters in Switzerland and offices in six countries. Miniclip is the only company to ever win the prestigious Webby People's Voice Award, the "Oscars of the Internet" for the Internet's Best Game Site for three consecutive years. For more information, visit www.miniclip.com.
Empresa: Miniclip Portugal
Registo | Login: Para responder a esta oferta terá primeiro de se registar ou fazer login.