Reporting to: Group Account Director
Division: Purple Agency
Function: Healthcare client account management
Salary: Subject to experience
Languages: Spanish, Portuguese and English
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Purple Agency (part of the Adare Group a leading international corporate communications and production company) is extending its global reach through the growth of its country-based studios.
A talented and experienced Healthcare Senior Account Manager or Account Manager is required as the business lead for the Iberia Purple Studio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for securing new business opportunities and organic business growth from an allocated pharmaceutical client under a preferred supplier agreement.
The successful candidate will also have responsibility for the delivery of client business (mainly artwork adaptation and digital adaptation of existing educational and promotional assets) through the studio team, maintenance and growth of the client relationship and financial forecasting and reporting.
The successful candidate will work closely with the studio team and will be responsible for client satisfaction, ensuring that all client projects are completed to the required quality standard.
Delivering work on brief, on time and on budget will be key business metrics.
He/she will build strong, effective internal relationships and ensure delivery of objectives.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sell in a range of studio services to an allocated pharmaceutical company (or companies)
• On-site interaction with clients at least once a week and more frequently if required
• Development and implementation of an agreed client business plan
• Able to identify opportunities and actively convert these into briefs and projects for the studio
• Leverage any networking opportunities to grow business with allocated clients and prospects
Strategy/ response to brief
• Understand the strategic business needs of the client and how changes in the sector could have an impact on this
• Able to develop effective presentations for clients or prospects that clearly explain and sell in the studio service
• Able to interpret a client brief and interrogate the information to ensure clarity of objectives, key performance indicators (KPIs) and opportunity for the agency
• Able to manage client expectations if unrealistic demands are imposed concerning the commercial integrity of projects or if requested projects fall outside of the remit of the studio
• Ensure client-facing documentation is accurate and well-presented
• Be ruthless in ensuring all jobs are briefed accurately and run profitably
• Deliver monthly and quarterly forecast and finance reporting to the Group Account Director
• Ensure the studio team has a clear understanding of their responsibilities – work together to help manage any client challenges
• Be aware of the cost of typical jobs and resource within Purple and confident in questioning estimations provided
• Be aware of the importance of converting opportunities and getting the work done in order to hit targets
• Develop and manage a network of local suppliers to deliver extended capacity or cover for team absence
• Monthly and quarterly forecast and finance reporting to the Group Account Director
• Be able to effectively extract, and present data as identified in KPIs and formulate insight on performance back to the client
• Able to identify when to escalate internal problems that could have a direct impact on profitability, targets and on client relationships to the Group Account Director
• Have a clear view of the status of all client projects enabling you to assist in keeping the client informed on progress, handle project objections, mediate any internal problems and ensure expectations are being met
• Provide clear briefing to the studio team to an agreed standard
• Strong attention to detail
This list of main duties is not exhaustive and the employee may be required to perform duties outside of this list, but pertinent to their skill set
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• English as a second language
• Experience of the pharmaceutical industry and its support services
• Familiar with the latest developments with clients, competitors, the healthcare/pharma sector and key market trends and be able to talk knowledgably, when appropriate, with the client
• Understanding of science and data behind marketing messages and strategy – an advantage
• Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of commercial print production techniques
• Experience/understanding of digital production processes
• Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills – written and verbal
• Excellent organisational, planning and execution skills
• Good analytical and decision making skills within the confines of the role
• Commercial awareness
• Client focused – always think beyond the task to what the client is expecting
• Pro-active – always seek to add value to the role
• Flexible – willing to work beyond core hours if/when required
• Team player – aware of colleagues needs and able to respond with positive help when possible
• Calm under pressure – relish the challenge of delivering work of a high standard to meet or beat deadlines
• Quality conscious – examine content for meaning, not just place text and pictures
• Professional – always demonstrate a professional attitude to clients, colleagues and suppliers
• Desire for self development – actively want to improve skills through learning from any source available – colleagues, online courses, suppliers etc
Candidate should be competent in using the following programmes
• Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint – competence in at least Office 2007 for PC Candidate should be aware of the software used in a studio environment without necessarily being able to use it.
This software includes:
• Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat
• Quark Xpress
There are others relating to digital production and these include:
• Adobe After Effects
• Adobe Edge Animate • Adobe Premiere Pro