GameInvest, leading Portuguese videogame developer, seeks a 2D artist to work with the Design and Art teams, creating art assets that drive the visual identity of various PC casual adventure projects and the user interface of the games.
This 2D Artist will also create place holder, concept and final in-game artwork as needed by the development team.
The 2D Artist will spend most of their time designing and painting in game elements such as backgrounds, characters, buttons and other game related content.
• Highly skilled using Adobe Photoshop
• Outstanding visual design skills and strong painting/drawing background
• Ability to communicate visually, and to identify and define visual design issues and solutions.
• Demonstrate creativity and the ability to adapt to various game styles and graphic styles primarily realistic location designs.
• Ability to apply textures adapted to medium and high resolution backgrounds
• Advanced drawing and illustration skills (relief, lighting, materials, perspective, colors…)
• Organized and independent
• Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
• A passion for games
• Online or downloadable portfolio featuring best, most diverse examples of your work
• Proficiency with Adobe After Effects
• Experience designing user interfaces (buttons, menus, etc)
• Experience with casual hidden object/puzzle adventure titles
Place of work and availability:
• Immediate availability to work in Alfragide, Portugal on a per project basis